House Renovation (and other stuff)

The adventures of a family trying to renovate a 1900's Foursquare

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Jackpot!

We hit the gold mine last night! We got a tip about an old building in town being torn down. Needless to say we got inside and found just about everything we needed to finish the house, minus the trim, and yes we had permission and the best part is it was free. We now have the rest of the doors for upstairs, hardware and the best part, the colonnades that are suppose to be in between my living room and dining room! I cant wait to get started. Anyway I will post a pix of the building.

You can see for yourself why they are tearing it down, plus it was driven into by a car and also a meth lab.

I have also added pictures of the columns what they are to look like. The bottom one is the best example.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home