House Renovation (and other stuff)

The adventures of a family trying to renovate a 1900's Foursquare

My Photo
Name:
Location: Iowa, United States

Thursday, August 30, 2007

House Problems

Well our air officially took a dump this week. Luckily it has not been too hot. I called the guy that is coming to put in the new furnace AC and he said they would move us up the list and maybe get to us next week. Oh well we got all the new wire run so all they have to do is show up.

Windows will be here next week Wednesday. Exciting but I know how it is with us everything will happen all at the same time. LOL

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

Hi Missy!
I found your blog on HouseBlogs and I'm excited to find someone fixing up a Foursquare in Iowa! I found a great resource about the history of Foursquare houses in Iowa and if you can find it through interlibrary loan or something, I'll bet you'd appreciate it. I'll copy and paste the Des Moines Public Library's catalog entry for it and you can ask at your local library about getting a copy.

I'll be looking forward to reading about your adventures! Feel free to check out my blog about a bungalow in Des Moines:
http://ournewoldhouse.wordpress.com

Here's the info about the book:
Historical residential architecture in Des Moines, 1905-1940 : a study of two house types, the bungalow and the square house / James E. Jacobsen ; with resea[r]ch assistance by John Patrick Zeller.
by Jacobsen, James Edward, 1949-
[Des Moines, Iowa? : J.E. Jacobsen, 1996]

11:57 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

Thanks for the info. Will be looking for this book. Thanks

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home